My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

40-something college-educated woman with two children, widowed, remarried, employed, professional volunteer

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

June 19, 3018, Osgiliath

Faramir had a strange dream last night. He said he saw the Eastern sky grow dark and there was a great thunder, but in the West, a pale light lingered. Out of the West he heard a faraway voice speaking clearly the following words, which he wrote down for me:

Seek for the Sword that was broken:
In Imladris it dwells;
There shall be counsels taken
Stronger than Morgul-spells.
There shall be shown a token
That Doom is near at hand.
For Isildur's Bane shall waken,
And the Halfling forth shall stand.


Normally, I would not attach much importance a dream of Faramir's, as he oft has nightmares, drowning in a great wave or some other such impossible nonsense, but I have an uneasy feeling about the land that lies to our East, a shadow growing upon my mind. Ever we keep them under watch, but I will double the guard tonight.

I do not know what the words in Faramir's dream mean, other than they seem to speak of our doom.

Boromir

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home